Saturday 9 April 2011

Why not to buy an WIZZ Xclusive Club membership

I've been planning for a while to write some nice information about my trips and tips to help you get the best of your trip. I could not find the time for it but I thought that I need to pass the information found today just because I don't like when companies are doing this.

On my way to plan my new vacation I said "let's try to see the prices for going home in august".
It's good to book early because, as usual, from one day to another the prices change (going up of course). Before going for the booking I saw a big ad saying that lower fare prices are available if you become a member of WIZZ Xclusive. What could be the harm in that? It's only £8.49 and the prices shown for members in my search looked promising.

I'm about to show you the screenshot of the search done before becoming a member, after becoming a member, and the search done by a friend after 2 minutes (a non-member).



In the first image the (first search before becoming a member) the price for the flight of interest was £67.99 and below that it shows £59.49 for Club members.

After becoming a member and doing the same search the second screenshot the price for Club members is showing as £67.99, reduced from £76.49. Wait a minute, doesn't that price sound familiar?

It is known that the price gets artificially inflated if people keep looking at the same flight, so maybe it is coincidence and the price has actually gone up. A non-member friend of mine did the same search and came up with this:


This is identical to my original search, with the price for non-members being £67.99.

I already have a very bad opinion about WizzAir, but I though this time would be different. Apparently I was wrong, this is nothing more than an outright con, exploiting customers and giving them nothing.

3 comments:

  1. Good point, and not surprising to me that such manipulation would occur.

    However, there are some bargains to be had, for example, I saw flights from Luton-Brno for £3.99 (I bought the membership at the £8.49) price, this kind of price never comes up outside of that.

    http://inflationbusting.com/2011/04/wizz-rolls-out-new-xclusive-club-a-year-of-discounts-for-9-99-eur/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explain,
    I saw your blog,
    and
    I have given up WIZZ Xclusive Club membership.
    Murat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in this club and I can say that there are nice offers - 0,99 EUR for a flight reduced from 9,99 EUR although I didn't see the price before joining the club. However, they suck people on reservation fees, today booking for 2 people I paid 20 EUR for the payment with credit card. Other airlines don't seem to suck like that. Have a nice day! Gosia

    ReplyDelete